Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Establishing a Bedtime Routine

Our bedtime routine with P usually starts around 8 pm every night. We change Parker into his pajamas, turn down the lights, have quiet play time which consists of Tuan and I singing songs and reading at least 4 books, and then I nurse him in the rocking chair. I cannot stress how much establishing a bedtime routine has improved our evenings. The predictability is soothing and helps him understand that it's time for bed. It's also a great time for us to bond with Parks. Our routine takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes, depending on how much excitement he's had during the day. So if we want him asleep by 9 PM, we start at 8 PM. If he falls asleep quickly, we get to sneak downstairs and watch some TV. Lame? Maybe, but we'll be sleeping through the night! We try our best to keep to that schedule on the weekends too even though it means no more late dinners for me and T and leaving early from parties.

For more tips on establishing a bedtime routine with your baby, check out this article on BabyCenter.


[I really enjoy reading with Mr. P! I know he doesn't understand anything we are saying yet but one day he will. I hope he will love books as much as I do. Two of our favorites: The Very Hungry Caterpillar and A Color of His Own.]


[Tuan reading That's Not My Dinosaur!]


[I wonder if this part of Hungry Caterpillar makes him hungry]


[Melt my heart]




No comments :

Post a Comment