Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, September 20, 2013

J Crew Baby!

My reaction to J Crew's new baby line quickly went from excitement to disappointement when I scrolled through the website.

At first I thought "Finally! J Crew has launched their baby line."

Oh a bunch of striped and polka dot onesies and playsuits, how original. I could get the same thing at H&M for half the cost.


The girl stuff is cute but what is up with the selection for baby boys?! *angrily shaking my hand at the computer screen**


 
[$178 for a cashmere baby one-piece with a skull on it. No thanks.]
 
I can see this line being a hit with brand loyal buyers with money to spare but overall I am unimpressed. There is nothing original or creative about their designs or prints. J Crew's saving grace will probably be the fact that they will be carrying some other high end baby brands like Oeuf, Petit Bateau, Sperry, Minnetonka, 7 A.M. Enfant, Old Soles, Lem Lem, Rikshaw Designs, Anais & I, Nililotan, Makie, Tane, Salt Water, Pom D'Api, Foundlings, Sea Bags, Swans Island, Manny and Simon, Areaware and DOIY. All of these brands are widely available from other retailers so I would do a quick web search if you are interested in any of the products. Here are some of my picks. Visit the J Crew site today to check out the complete collection!

 
[Areaware Croc Pile $35]

 
[Anais & I baby tunic $79]

 
[Oeuf peeking cat sweater $88]

 
[Oeuf taxi $76]

 
[Old soles baby sneakers $40. I just got these for Parker on Gilt for $32]

 
[Minnetonka baby fringe booties $19.95. WANT THESE!]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment