Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Prepping Parker for the Babysitter


My biggest worry when it comes to going back to work is making sure Parker is well taken care of at the sitters. We are fortunate in that Tuan has a large extended family close by and that his aunt will be watching Parker when my MIL and FIL leave next week. I've been slowly packing and prepping for him so he doesn't have a total meltdown on his first day with his sitter.

Here are the steps I have been taking to make this a smooth transition.

Week 1 - Get baby back on the bottle. 
Reintroducing the bottle again has been a real battle and is A LOT harder than it sounds. He's been spoiled on the boob and will not take a bottle if I am around. There have been a couple of times when he has gotten so upset he has thrown up.

Week 2 - Get baby used to being taken care of by other people in his environment.
We are fortunate that my SIL, FIL and MIL are going to be taking care of Parker at home during my first week of work. This is going to play a HUGE role in getting him back on the bottle and being away from me. The fact that he is in a familiar environment will help with the transition. 

Week 3 - Slow introduction to the new sitter.
My MIL and FIL will be taking Parker over to his new sitter's house for a couple of hours everyday for the next week so that he can get used to her and her house.

Week 4 - Dropping baby off for full days at the sitter's.
I'll be dropping P off by 6:30 AM everyday. That means I have to get him up at 5:00 AM to feed, get myself ready and be out the door by 6:00 AM. I have a feeling I'm going to have to start showering before bed to save time in the morning. Hopefully after the end of the third week he will not be so traumatized when he spends a full day at the Tuan's aunt's house for the first time. I'm seriously going to miss my little stinker while I am at work. Ugh. Pumping at work sucks.

Below is what I have packed for Mr. P so far for his new adventure at the babysitter's house.


Packing for the Sitters

No comments :

Post a Comment