Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide - Week 6 Progress Pictures

Over the weekend I finished week 6 of Kayla Itsines' Bikini Body Guide. Week 6 was challenging and I can guarantee that nothing makes you look as crazy as doing broad jump burpees in the middle of the day in a rain storm. Nothing. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find the right benches and steps at the park to accomplish some of the exercises (feet raised tricep dips, split squats) but I've been doing what I can and modifying some of the exercises as needed. Isn't it incredible how many squat variations there are? On days I don't feel like working out, I turn to the #kaylaarmy on Instagram and find motivation in the encouraging words and photos of others who are also working their way through the guide. 

Now for the big news! For those that don't know, I have type 2 diabetes and my goal with following this program, more so than weight loss and looking good in a bikini, has been to get my A1C to under 7.  In February I vowed to get healthy after finding out my A1C was 13. Yesterday I met with my endocrinologist and my A1C is 6.5! I'm over the moon excited about my latest lab results. Cheers to being healthy and taking control of my diabetes.    

I'm half way there! Six more weeks to go.
[You can see a little change in my thighs and a definite change around my waist]
[My legs and arms are feeling really strong. All those burpees and push ups are paying off.]
[Side by side of weeks 1, 4 and 6. Chipping away at that abdominal fat slowly.]



1 comment :