Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Review of Con Pane Rustic Breads & Cafe

I could have combined this with the tidepool post since we went here the same day but Con Pane really deserves a post of it's own. My co worker and I have been talking about this place for a while but it's too far from work to pop over for lunch. Also, driving in and out of Point Loma is a PITA. So when Tuan and I decided that we were going tidepooling I said, "I know where we should have lunch!"

Con Pane is located in Liberty Station, one of my favorite places to spend a lazy day. After parking on the street, we stepped in the cafe and were greeted by loaf upon loaf of delicious smelling bread. Heaven! The cafe was crowded but I didn't expect any less since it was Saturday. I noticed a lot of people in work out gear (there is a dance studio, open grassy areas and places to bike nearby). The line went fast, tables cleared quickly and we were able to snag a table out on the sunny patio. There were a lot of families with young kids out on the patio so we fit right in. After a few minutes of enjoying the sun our food arrived. Tuan ordered the italian sandwich and a mocha and I ordered the almost grilled cheese and an iced latte. Total damage: just under $25. That's a steal considering the quality of the food was excellent. A meal at Panera would probably cost just as much and not be as delicious. Tuan declared that his sandwich was "pretty damn good" and promptly ate the whole thing. I shared my grilled cheese on rosemary bread with Parker and he loved the gorgonzola and brie that oozed out of it. What a great way to fill our bellies before tidepooling!

We will definitely be back.  There are so many things I want to try (brioche cinnamon rolls, scones, bread plate, etc). There is also a place that make artisan chocolates across the street that I would not mind visiting. Also, word on the street is there is a great children's bookstore at Liberty Station. We may have to spend an afternoon just wandering around discovering new places because the place is huge!

Con Pane Rustic Breads & Cafe
2750 Dewey Road Suite 105
San Diego, CA 92106


[Pro at dining out now]


[The sun made my hair look extra shiny. Win!]


[Italian sandwich and a yummy mocha/churro hybrid]


[The mocha was so good I stole some from Tuan]

No comments :

Post a Comment