Football season has officially started and I'm really looking forward to all the get-togethers we will be having with family and friends over the next few months to cheer on our favorite teams. While I'm not the biggest football fan, I am a fan of game day food. Pizza? Yes! Meat on the grill? Yes! Chips? Yes! While all these foods are fun to eat, they are generally not good for your waistline. In an effort to keep everyone slim and sexy this football season, here is a recipe for Guinness Bacon Beer Nuts. These nuts are sure to be a game day hit. They are crunchy, sweet, salty and the Guinness gives them a slight bitter beer finish. You know what else is great? Being able to barrage your husband with inappropriate nut jokes while you make this snack!
Guinness Bacon Beer Nuts
Original recipe from Mantitlement
- 4 1/2 cups of roasted nuts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 cup of Guinness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and drain. Save the bacon grease.
- Finely chop bacon once it cools. I chopped mine very fine so it almost looked more like bacon sprinkles.
- Combine Guinness, brown sugar, salt and bacon grease in medium pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook down for 15-20 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning your sugar.
- Add bacon to glaze.
- Place nuts in a large bowl and pour glaze on top. Stir gently until all the nuts are lightly coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Break into pieces and store in air tight container.
That's it! Just 6 ingredients. This snack is easy to whip up and will keep for up to a week. For more healthy snacking ideas, visit Nuts.com. Go Chargers!