Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 10, 2020

Camp Quarantine Week 2: Ocean

Makers Monday

I had planned to have the kids make tidepool aquariums but our plans were doomed by June gloom. Whomp whomp.

Tasty Tuesday
Make sushi




This activity was a BIG HIT with Parker. He loved making his own lunch. I purchased everything at our local H Mart (Korean market) and now we own bamboo rolling mats and can make sushi at home anytime! I picked up some teriyaki chicken to make this extra kid and budget friendly. 






Whatever Wednesday
Watercolor seahorses



Much of our camp activities are determined by the craft supplies I already have on hand. I had watercolors from a game I set up for my BFFs baby shower so we made water color seahorses inspired by Hello Wonderful








Thinking and Thoughtful Thursday
Beach clean up

My co camp director totally failed and at the beach clean up part and let the kids go directly into the water to boogie board. Something things don't go as planned but you just have to roll with it.




Fun Friday
Wooden wiggle fish


This was a fun and quick project inspired by Oriental Trading using acrylic paints I already had. I ordered the wiggle fish from Amazon thinking it was a 6 pack. I was wrong. The fish model was 6 and there was only 1 fish. Learn from my mistake! You can get similar "wiggle" ocean animals at Hobby Lobby for cheap. Don't forget that 40% coupon!



In addition to the crafts and activities we do throughout the week, Parker always write prompts based on the week's theme. Enjoy this illustration by P. The prompt was "If you lived in the ocean, what animal would you be?" He picked a shrimp.




No comments :

Post a Comment